Construction regulations are crucial in project start-up. Each participants in the construction of building must be aware of and apply the applicable version of Codes and referenced Standards requirements.
The nightmare scenario on a construction site: the building is not in compliance and the site is shut-down by the authority having jurisdiction.
This training will provide you with an overall review of the regulatory context in Quebec and identify traps that may easily be avoided during a diligent verification performed at project start.
The lesson will be divided as follows :
- Historical review of construction codes;
- Regulations applicable in Quebec in 2018;
- Philosophical orientation of the contemporary codes since 1980;
- Structure of Chapter I of the Construction Code of Quebec (NBC 2010, amended)
- Field of application of the various Parts of the Code;
- Code compliance alternatives.