Forensic Engineering Expertise
Get a clear picture of the origin and cause of an accident
Fire, flood, building collapse, equipment failure, etc.? You can rely on Technorm to get a clear picture of the origin of the accident and the systems involved.
- Access the resources you need to prove the origin and cause of an accident in the event of a lawsuit, namely our engineers, architects, and technologists, who have extensive forensic engineering expertise.
- Make sure you have all the analyses and documents you need to build a strong case and move forward with confidence.
- Protect your rights with comprehensive reports that can be presented as evidence in court.
Several members of the Technorm team are regularly summoned to appear as expert witnesses in the Quebec and Ontario courts.
Forensic Expertise and Services
- Building envelope
- By-law upgrade
- Collapse and integrity of structures / buildings
- Building envelope (walls and roofs)
- Sewage / plumbing discharge
- Building compliance analysis after a fire
- Analysis of fire propagation and the extent of damage
- Analysis of the functioning of an alarm or sprinkler system
- Falls and injuries: any personal injury and liability
- Search for deficiencies
- Fire safety system compliance analysis
- Failure and breakage of electrical equipment
- Electrical systems of buildings
- Distribution networks
- Fire alarm and intrusion system
- Hidden defects
- Origin and causes of oil spills in residential and industrial areas
- Contamination in industrial areas
- Spill management in road accidents
- Comprehensive management of remediation of contaminated sites
- Hidden defects
- Case review, and validation of restoration costs and methods
- Management of the dismantling of contaminated materials after a fire
- Building mechanicals : sprinkler systems, plumbing, heating and ventilation, etc.
- Industrial mechanics : machinery, equipment breakdowns, etc.
- Vehicle mechanics
- Analysis of equipment failure
- Failure analysis and prevention
- Degradation mechanisms
- Materials characterization
- Investigations to determine the origin and cause of fires and explosions in buildings
- Investigations to establish the origin and cause of fires in all kinds of vehicles
- Analysis of equipment failure leading to fire
- Reconstruction and laboratory tests
- Modeling of fire propagation in buildings